Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Tree


When I was young, my brothers, my sister and I, each had our own tree in our yard. We spent countless hours alone, and with our friends climbing in our own personal jungles. We discovered birds, snails, lizards and even snakes in our trees. These were not ordinary trees to us. Their majestic green canopies gave us cool shade on hot, humid days. Then magically in the fall, our trees would create virtual mountains of leaves that we jumped in, played in, and buried ourselves in. I spent many lazy days daydreaming in mine. When my parents sold that house many years ago, it was the trees that I missed the most. I love taking pictures of trees, and my fond memories from childhood probably explain why. This one was a quick grab shot as I was walking down the street on a summer morning. It makes me think of those carefree days so long ago, and it makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. That also takes me back. I am trying to add all those simple moments back into my life. :)

    ReplyDelete